Sunday, June 18, 2006

happy father's day: part three

Dear Justin,

I am at a loss about what I should write in this space. I don’t think there are any words I could compose that would adequately capture how I feel about you since our son was born. I always knew that only you could ever be the daddy of my babies, and now I know why I thought that. Because even though I may not think it’s possible for anyone to love Boh as much as me, I know that you do. I can see it in the way your face lights up when you walk in the door and see him. I can feel it in the way you kiss me on the forehead when I’m feeding him. I can hear it in the way you tell us both everyday how much you love our family.

I love our family too.

It’s a bit sad how fast our baby is growing up. Time is fleeting, so I'm trying to get in all the cuddles I can. But as much as I might like Boh to stay our baby in the truest sense of the word, I also can’t wait for him to grow up so I can watch you with him, doing all the stuff that dads do with their sons. Like teaching them to ride their bikes. And taking them to hockey practice at 6:00 in the morning. And going fishing with them. And ganging up with them against their mom in Monopoly. These are the moments I dream about.

Justin, there is no one in this world that I would rather be on this journey with than you. We have always been a great couple, but I think we’re going to make an even better family. And you have always been a great husband, but I think you’re going to make an even better dad.

We love you! Happy first Father’s Day!

Love, Winter and Boh
xox

0 sweet nothing: