Tuesday, July 18, 2006

on being cheap

There are many instances where I've found frugality to be less than successful.

Instance #1: When my dad used to buy No Name cheeze whiz. Nobody ate it because it was so bloody gross. $2.99 wasted, when he could have just paid 50 cents extra for the real stuff and it would have been fully consumed.

Instance #2: When you fail to take advantage of the pedicure your husband told you to get for yourself for Valentine's Day. Before you know it, February turns into July, and you could use your feet as sanders to refinish that 100-year-old mahogany dresser you found at the antique auction.

Instance #3: When the Babe has grown into size 3 diapers, but you refuse to let those last couple size 2s you still have left go to waste. I give you exhibits 1, 2 and 3 below.

2 sweet nothing:

Anonymous said...

This is NOT how to sell me on motherhood.

Heather and Robin said...

Oh No....Unfortunately I know that all too well....except in my case it is the result of having a son with chicken legs that doesn't fill out the legs of his diapers....