Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Boh’s first motion picture

My first movie was E.T. I think. But – honestly - I have no idea. What I think I remember, I don’t. I remember asking my mom if she had ever let me eat my own poop out of a jar, like the kind my Baba used to pickle cucumbers in, because the memory of me doing so in the basement is so vivid, it MUST have happened. She seemed disgusted that I’d even asked; I suppose I should have been more perturbed for feeling the need to question. I wonder what memories Boh will have when he’s older, memories of dreams that he’s having RIGHT NOW as I type. What’s that you say, Baby Boy? You think Mommy has the Best. Rack. Ever? You are so right, Sweetheart. SO RIGHT.

So…Bon Cop, Bad Cop. My first Stars and Strollers experience, Boh’s first movie. Both went well. A few observations:

1. Anything REMOTELY sentimental in a movie being patroned exclusively by women who have recently given birth is sure to be a tear jerker. (If you have been to Bon Cop, Bad Cop, it is the scene when the French mom yells at her husband for “losing” their daughter. Every woman with a baby girl in the room was reaching for a Kleenex for, like, ten minutes.)

2. Even babies are sick of the whole Two Solitudes debate. Boh pooped as soon as any referendum mention was made, and he slept through the Queen jokes. Smart (Saskatchewan) baby.

3. THANK GOD Dean McDermott or Paul Gross didn’t get their stanky little acting chops on this movie. THANK GOD.

3 sweet nothing:

Mike Todd said...

I don't know that flick, but my wife cried at X-Men 2. And the PREVIEW for I am Sam. I think that rules.

Anonymous said...

Okay. House on fire. Grow-op. Being reamed out by a French-Canadian when you're two sheets to the wind?

That's funny.

Anonymous said...

I loved Stars and Strollers when Hunter was a baby and I want to see Bon Cop Bad Cop - wonder if I could skip work for an afternoon and take it in with the boy? Something tells me he wouldn't sleep quietly through it like he used to (sigh).