Thursday, August 10, 2006

people in glass houses...

...probably shouldn't complain all the time about friends who don't blog as often as they poop, especially when they themselves go for a week without posting anything. (And you just can't tell by looking at someone what their BMs are like anyway, so maybe they actually do blog as often as they poop...what do I know?)

Anyway, we made it to Regina safe and sound and are having a good time showing the Babe off to friends and family. So far the two most memorable portions of the trip for me involve tears. The first was when we got off the plane and were going down the escalator to pick up our luggage and saw our nieces hold up a big sign saying "Welcome Home Boh!" Home indeed. The second was when Adoring and Wonderful Husband and I were reading a bedtime story to the Babe called "I Will Always Love You", a book about a mommy who loves her baby boy so, so, so much and tells him all the time, even when he gets to college, even when he becomes a daddy himself. I got through half of the book before I was tearing up so much I had to hand it to Adoring and Wonderful Husband to finish reading, only to find he was crying too! (And since it was only the second time I've seen him cry since I've known him, I know he must have been really, really choked up.) We spent the rest of the story reading and laughing and crying with Boh in between looking back and forth at the both of us trying to figure out what was going on.

Our first real family vacation. Home indeed.

2 sweet nothing:

Hugs and Kisses said...

miss you guys like crazy.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so the writing's on the proverbial (blog) wall, but I still miss you guys, so come back to Ottawa already. I want to throw at least one more Christmas dinner party.