Sunday, September 03, 2006

I don't know Nano

The traditional gift to give to your betrothed on your four year wedding anniversary is fruit or flowers. The more modern gift is linen, silk or nylon, and the "alternate modern" is appliances. Adoring and Wonderful Husband proved his love to me through the purchase of a present that could fall in all three categories: an iPod nano. (An electronic device made by Apple that just happened to be accessorized by a nylon armband for running.) I dig it, if only because when I use it I feel like a few years have been knocked off the ol' driver's license.

But only just a few years. Maybe only months. Because as soon as I went to load the thing, I realized how woefully out of date my music is (how could it not be for a person who uses the word woefully?) The last time I downloaded music, Napster was still free. In other words, AGES AGO. And so trolling in the iTunes music store I went, and holy moly, do I need some help updating my tuneage collection.

So I am appealing to the cool music people out there. I need some song suggestions. I'm looking for something upbeat for running, as well as something a bit more on the mellow side for when I'm staring at people getting on and off the bus. But really, I am open to anything and everything, because I need all the help I can get. (I especially would like to hear from Dave D., Uncle Rob and Matt.)

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

5 sweet nothing:

Anonymous said...

i have an ipod mini, which is pretty much the same thing. only older, bigger, and with less stuff.

i tried making you an iMix but it's not up yet. i'll leave ya the url once i have it.

Anonymous said...

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewIMix?id=188776917&s=143441

click it. it'll open up in iTunes. :P

Anonymous said...

oops! matt forgot that that link wouldn't work because you're using the canadian music store.

so here's all the songs in the iMix:

1) road to zion -damien "junior gong" marley/nas
2) when you were young -the killers
3) morris brown -outcast/scar/sleepy brown
4) are you with me? -vaux
5) girl -elan/assassin
6) jesus of suberbia -green day
7) hate me -blue october
8) where'd you go -fort minor
9) going under -evanescence
10) i'm not dead -p!nk
11) call me when you're sober -evanescence
12) minority -green day

[insert name here] said...

you're the BEST matt!

Anonymous said...

Mellow suggestions

Death Cab for Cutie
Postal Service
Stars
Bright Eyes -- I'm Wide Awake it's morning
Ben Lee -- Awake is the new sleep
Hawksley Workman - Treeful of Starling

Upbeat for running

Bloc Party
The Killers
The Bravery
Kill the Lights
Arctic Monkeys