Tuesday, September 05, 2006

letter from mommy: month five

Dear Boh (C’est Bon!),

Oh my little turkey roll, how I do love thee! Let me just enumerate some of the ways…

Okay kidlette, I gotta tell ya that so far this has been the hardest monthly letter to write. Not because you didn’t do like a gazillion million wonderful and awesome things this month, because you did (and more!), but because you’re becoming less and less of a novelty to have around the house, and more and more of a fixture in our lives. If that sounds horrible, I surely don’t mean it to; it’s just the most accurate way to describe what’s happening to our family right now. You are now so much a part of who we are that when your daddy and I wake up and think about what the day is going to be like, we no longer need to step back and say, Dude - whoa! We have to take out the garbage, deposit that check, de-skunkify Gordie AND take care of the cutest little baby in the world! Instead, we are sliding comfortably into a routine like an old man into an Avon bubble bath, scented rose (though our bones are often as weary, scented rose it always ain’t! More like scented poopy…I had to get poop in there somehow, just for daddy. POOP!) Further proof that we are becoming thoroughly family-ized? All the pictures I am posting today were taken over the course of the last 48 hours. You don’t always have the camera ready when you’re living real life, I suppose.

Nonetheless, there are more than a few highlights from this past month that stand out in my mind. Obviously, one was your first visit to Saskatchewan, complete with love and cuddles and kisses from some of the most important people in mommy and daddy’s lives. It was there on the prairies that you had your first solid food, and my oh my did you ever do well with that stanky rice cereal! So well in fact that daddy and I thought nothing of graduating you to barley after about a week or so, though after gobbling it up like the good baby that you are you immediately broke out with a rash and hives all over your face and chest. We tried carrots a couple days after that because mommy was so mad at grains for hurting you she could just spit, and you seemed to do okay, but the next morning you woke up with a bit of red on your face, and because I couldn’t tell if it was the carrots or if you just slept funny and smooshed your cheek, back to boob juice - straight up - you went. (Maybe we’ll try carrots again tonight.)

You are starting to show interest in everything around you, and grabbing for objects with a grip that would be the envy of every quarterback in the CFL, ESPECIALLY Kerry Joseph, like Gordie’s tail and the most sensitive part of mommy’s booby and daddy’s eyebrow as he reads you a bedtime story. Your motor skills are developing by leaps and bounds everyday, and I wouldn’t be surprised if by next month’s letter you can sit up all on your own and even crawl toward the stairs going to the basement, stairs that are not yet blocked by a door, stairs that if you fell down them I would freak, stairs that DADDY YOU BETTER PUT UP A DOOR BLOCKING THE STAIRS TO THE BASEMENT IN LIKE THE NEXT TWO HOURS BECAUSE OH MY GOD MOMMY IS GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK RIGHT NOW!!!

Oh sweetie, I just re-read this month’s letter and it doesn’t do an ounce of justice in conveying to you just how much your daddy and I have grown to love you in the five short months that we’ve had the honour to know you. We love thee to the depth and breadth and height of every breathtaking thing you do, we love thee just for being you, we love thee freely, purely, true.

We love thee so, so, so, so, so, so much.

Baby Boh, you are, more than I ever thought possible, the loveliest love my heart can handle, and I thank whatever good great force whose hand draws our fate for each and every day you are in my life.

Love, Mommy

1 sweet nothing:

Hugs and Kisses said...

What a beautiful babyface you are.