Tuesday, December 05, 2006

letter from mommy: month eight

Ho, Ho, Ho, Baby Boh:

You can ask Daddy – Mommy is nothing if not a list-maker, especially during the holiday season. Though usually my lists contain chores I want Daddy to do around the house, or baubles I want Daddy to buy me as presents, or reasons why I consider myself the luckiest girl in the world to have a sweet little baby boy like you, the following lineup of the eight cool things you did this month is in celebration of you turning eight months old today. Hope you had a great day, little guy. I know I did.

1. You learned to crawl. (Old news.) You’d think you were a Chihuahua the way Gordie scatters from you as you lunge after him for some fur. (I would say for a pet, but a fist full of fur – always from the Gordonator’s nether regions I might add – is a more apt description of what I think you’re after.)

2. You said “Ahhhhhh, daaaaaaa” which your proud Papa took to mean “Hey, Dad, of all my parents you’re my favourite one” but which I am pretty sure was “Eh? Dion?” - future Prime Minister you are, and one clearly in the Ignatieff camp it would seem. (Or, “Hien? Dion?”, since we are raising you to be bilingual, you know.)

3. You ignore the word “no.” Which is a start…I guess.

4. You figured out how to pull yourself up onto the ottoman. A couple manly grunts follow the appearance of two little chubby fists, and – voila! – your cute little face pops up and stares at us with a look that says, “Daddy! As I settle myself onto this bar stool, howsabout you gettme two fingers of milk, shaken not stirred. Chop! Chop!

5. You picked your favourite programs. Now, I know this is something I probably should NOT blog about, because I’m just setting myself up for a world of judgment, but I wanted to note for posterity that the two shows you shush us as you watch them are Blind Date and Family Feud. I think this weekend we’re going to let you watch Nightmare on Elm Street III to balance out the universe.

6. You gave up the Boob Juice without any tears or pouting. (Mommy’s tears and pouting don’t count.)

7. You got cuter. How. is. that. even. POSSIBLE?

8. You put up with your mother and her ridiculous list making. Daddy is teaching you well.

We love you, Boh. We love you so, so, so, so, so, so, so much.

Love,

Mommy

PS: Oh, and #9. You let mommy balance things on your head for the sake of her blogging. (That Chuck ain't got nuthin' on you in terms of both talent and BMA - Blogging Mommy Abuse.)

2 sweet nothing:

Bird said...

He is getting cuter and cuter. Are you gonna make calendar next year of Boh balancing things on his head, just like Chuck?

Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

There is that cute baby that I saw once before! I didn't have your proper link until now.