Friday, October 27, 2006

Project RACE monthly update

Q: What's this post for? I thought you were done with that race. If you keep posting under something called "Project RACE", does that mean I still have to keep giving you money? Because I'm toe-tally broke my friend. And Christmas is coming up. And while it was for a good cause and everything, I just can't give you any more of my money. Those United Way people at work have been driving me up the wall, and now I have to spend my lunch breaks (which is the ONLY time I ever surf the net at work, right?) dealing with THIS?

A: Relax. Have an enima, or some BEERS, and chill. I'm not asking for money. I just think that if I keep posting a monthly progress report on how my running/weight loss/a life that's a lot less fun, or at least not as tasty, is going, then I'll do better staying on track.

Q: Oh, really. So that means we have to sit here and let you gloat about how healthy you're becoming, and brag about how well your running's going, and BLAH BLAH BLAH. Because you know what? WE DON'T CARE. You were fat, and now you're getting less fat. BIG BULL CRAPPY WHOOP.

A: Hold it there, Miss Hostility. I know how you feel. No one likes hearing about self-improvement, unless it's them. It makes them feel guilty every time they eat a chocolate bar, or breathe. Let me be clear (à la Paul Martin): I'm not doing this to crow about how awesome I am. I'm doing this to help me help myself. Example: this morning I really, really felt like staying in bed for as long as possible, but because I knew I had this post today, I got out of bed and got ready for the gym. At the gym, I gave my bootie three extra shakes, just because I knew I had to weigh myself and write it down for you all to see. And I'm glad I did, because the end result was nothing short of spectacular. It helped me break the 40 pound mark. That's right. I've lost exactly 4o FREAKING POUNDS since I started this thing. So, Judgy Judgerson, Mr. I Like To Rain On Peoples' Parades: put that in your pipe and smoke it. If you don't like these posts, you can bite my increasingly toned bum.

Q: -----

A: Ummm, Q? You still there?

Q: -----

A: Oh. I guess you left, eh? Whatever, Q. You're just jealous.

7 sweet nothing:

Anonymous said...

You rock, W. Blog whatever you wanna blog. Q will come back. He ALWAYS does.

Anonymous said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! You go girl! Blog your little heart out. As far as I am concerned this should be on the national news. Congratulations! - your mother-in-law

Anonymous said...

You're awesome! I want to hire you as my personal trainer....do you offer affordable rates?
Vn

Unknown said...

40 lbs!!!!!!??????????????

Christ.

So I've got 25 more to go to catch up.

I can't wait to see the fab new W on Sunday. Tell the hubby he may have some competition on his hands (just don't tell M)

Heather and Robin said...

That is so so so fantastic. Way to go!!! You looked great last time I saw you and apparently now you look even better...good for you. Thanks I needed that kick in the pants to get my own butt back in gear!!!

Anonymous said...

Always an enjoyable read - but you should really consider a new font for the page (or just bold everything). I can barely read it.

Anonymous said...

Good work Winter. Funny how not drinking the usual amount of booze has benefits. I am very proud of you! kp