Friday, November 10, 2006

babies, lies and the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration

I go back to work in less than two months. Two Christmas season months. So, basically, I start my new job tomorrow.

I've been trying to get into the head space of someone who's in paid employment for the last little while in anticipation of my return to the cubicle farm. First stop: a new bra, because I don't think I'll need my nursing bra in the boardroom. (At least I hope to God not.) Second: figuring out what the heck is going on in the real world.* So this afternoon is a trippy juxtaposition of watching the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration discuss the Supplementary Estimates (A, I presume?) and reading about Borat and FedEx on the gossip blogs. (And of course, watching the Babe as he squirms and sqiggles along the floor, having recently - like yesterday recently - learned to pull himself up into the sitting position from his stomach). In addition to looking forward to the dinner party B-Rad is hosting at our place tomorrow (what shall I bring, I wonder?), and planning my December calendar obsessively, much like K. does, I'm sure, I'm secretly loathing the person (man) who said that moms can have it all: a career, a happy family, a fulfilled and actualized self. Oh really? Where does Borat fit into this? Answer: HE DOESN'T.

* I am so sad that my real world consists of Supplementary Estimates. Even more sad that I find pleasure in guessing if it's Supp A season, or B. Puke.

1 sweet nothing:

Anonymous said...

Winter, I just saw Borat gnaw on someone's testicles. Maybe you should be happy he can't fit into your life.

RS