Wednesday, November 15, 2006

mixology

After Adoring and Wonderful Husband got me an iPod for our fourth anniversary, I spent countless hours searching the web for playlists that would lend themselves well to running. A good playlist is hard to find. How death metal can motivate your metabolism, I don't get, but to each their own, I suppose. Anyhoo, in lieu of posting anything interesting, I give you the two playlists for running I have come up with so far. The first one is called I'm f***ing beautiful, for reasons that are clear once you listen to it, and the second one is called New Running Mix, because a creative genius I ain't.

I'm f***ing beautiful - 1.1 Hours
Continental Drift (Intro) - The Rolling Stones
Let's Get It Started (Spike Mix) - Black Eyed Peas
Deceptacon - Le Tigre
The Empty - Le Tigre
Steady, As She Goes - The Raconteurs
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire
Hung Up (SDP Extended Vocal) - Madonna
Friendship Station - Le Tigre
Children Of The Sandstorm - Darude vs Robert Miles
The Most Wonderful Girl - Lords Of Acid
Slid - Fluke
Hey Ya! - OutKast
Crabbuckit - k-os
Hot in Here - Nelly
Don't Cha - The Pussycat Dolls
When It's Good - Ben Harper

New Running Mix - 52 minutes
Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega
When the Night Feels My Song - Bedouin Soundclash
Float On - Modest Mouse
When It's Good - Ben Harper
The Hardest Button to Button - The White Stripes
White Rabbit (Club Mix) - Latin Headhuntrz
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Let's Run - Le Tigre
Mind Flood - Sam Roberts
Music - Madonna

(Oh yeah, and if anyone is interested in having me burn these onto disc for them, don't ask, because I won't do it. I especially won't respond to any emails that ask me nicely to make them a couple cds, maybe as a Christmas gift or something, because burning cds for distribution is wrong. Very, very wrong. So don't ask. But if you wanted to email me about other things, you can click on my picture at the top right hand corner of this blog to get in touch. I am a law abiding citizen. Most of the time.)

2 sweet nothing:

Unknown said...

Additional good running tunes --

Listen to stuff from Bloc Party, the Golden Dogs, Kill the Lights, Death from Above 1979, the Postal Service,

http://www.myspace.com/blocparty
http://www.thegoldendogs.com/
http://www.killthelights.ca/

Good stuff.

Hugs and Kisses said...

I'm your mother. My Ipod is green.