Sunday, December 31, 2006

52:10

T'was a good run, made better by three things: B., my groupie, who claimed to have spent the better part of the run reflecting on the last year of my life instead of her own, and who has agreed to hold my hand yet again at the start line of the ING Ottawa Marathon (10K race) in late May; the route along the canal that inspired serenity and reflection, given that it was the same path H. and I undertook countless summer mornings, running shorter distances that were much, much harder than what was endured tonight; crossing the finish line knowing that I've found it - my thing - and that there will be no more broken resolutions after a painful and unsuccessful search for it to carry around like a monkey on my back.

1 sweet nothing:

Anonymous said...

hey w.,

i am TOTALLY your groupie... so looking forward to the race weekend! :-)

b.