Monday, January 01, 2007

resolve

1. Run two races in 2007. (Have already enrolled for my first one, the 10K race at the ING Ottawa Marathon on May 26th. My goal is to finish in 48 minutes.)

2. No more eating at my desk at work. Even if I have to stand outside my office door and wolf down my turkey on whole wheat, I mean it.

3. Decrease my carbon-based energy consumption by taking the One Tonne Challenge. (I can still do this even if our elected officials think this is a waste of time, can't I? At least they left up this AWESOME website that calculates how much energy I use based on my activities, and how much I could reduce my emissions with certain small lifestyle changes. It amazes me how a few simple adjustments and investments will reduce my consumption by over 10%.)

3 sweet nothing:

Heather and Robin said...

oooh I just wrote mine down to and I feel so much better about them this year since I took your advice on the SMART goals....okay so I have one question why don't you want to eat at your desk at work. I usually try to do this so I can leave early.

H.

P.S. Glad to hear your race went well last night and you are right those first runs we did after having the boys were the hardest ones ever. Amazing to think that was less than a year ago!!!!

[insert name here] said...

When I eat at my desk I eat too much. I usually have my lunch by 10:30 am if I eat while I work, and then will "graze" throughout the rest of the day on stuff I don't need. I also hope this resolution will get me out into the sun everyday, even if for only five minutes.

Heather and Robin said...

ahhhh okay that makes sense. I guess with me if I eat at my desk that means I am eating what I brought to work and not at the closest fast food joint. Getting out for a walk though is really key to staying sane.

Hope your first day tomorrow goes well for all 3 of you!!!